[CentOS] Antwort: Re: du vs df size difference

Fri Oct 2 18:26:32 UTC 2009
Jerry Queirolo <jerry at queirolo.com>

This is quite possible, and having just gone thru this recently a few
weeks ago, I thought I post a warning here to hopefully save someone
else from the brain-fart I suffered a few weeks ago.  I needed to change
the mount point permissions w/out umounting the filesystems in a few
places, so I remounted / over /tmp/mnt (that was my brain fart, should
have used /mnt/tmp).  Did my thing, changed what I needed to and then
got sidetracked on other things and never got around to umount'ing
/tmp/mnt.  Next day I started noticing weirdness, and then realized
cron.daily fired off it's tmpwatch run and it happily started cleaning
older things from /tmp/mnt/...  :-(

- Jerry