[CentOS] GnuPG for CentOS 5.3?

Sun Oct 4 13:24:43 UTC 2009
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/03/2009 10:08 PM, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> <snip>
>>> If you are using Gnome, you may want to check out seahorse. Very easy to
>>> use.
>>
>> Is seahorse available in a yum repository? I have epel and rpmforge
>> enabled, but didn't find it there.
>
> http://projects.gnome.org/seahorse/
> Looking for an RPM for Seahorse 2.24.0 for CentOS 5.3 (i386 arch) but
> not finding it. Is there an SRPM I can rebuild? Where?  TIA!

Seahorse is Gnome app, and the latest version requires gtk-2.16.x ...
CentOS-5.x contains gtk2-2.10.x so I would imagine the latest seahorse
will not work with CentOS.

Karanbir does have a version compiled (seahorse-1.0.1-9) for centos-5 here:

http://centos.karan.org/el5/extras/testing/SRPMS/

I am not sure if that is the latest version that will work with CentOS-5
or if there are any security issues with that version.

Here is where you can find all the seahorse sources, so you can find the
highest version that will compile on gtk-2.10.x and use Karanbir's SRPM
as a template if a newer version is available that will work.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes