[CentOS] Microphone not working with Skype (Was: Testing and using a microphone)

Sun Oct 4 16:02:06 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com> wrote:
> wrote:
>> On 10/3/09, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
>> > One trouble, though. I can't seem to get the microphone to work with
>> > Skype. Since there seem to be no more RPMS for RHEL, I downloaded and
>> > installed the static version. I can hear the sound of the test voice,
>> > but I can't record a message on the audio test interface.
>
> FWIW, My mic works OK during a Skype conversation, however I am unable to
> replay myself with the audio test interface.

Eduardo: That is *very* interesting. I never heard myself on the
playback, from the Skype test call service, so I always assumed it is
not working.  I will try it again, with a regular call and see if they
can hear me.  OT: I met a woman from Neuquen, on the beach, on Isla
Mujeres, Mexico, in 1991 (?)..... Saludos desde Cali, Colombia.
Lanny