[CentOS] DNS Serving - Why my own?

Mon Oct 5 16:31:05 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

ML wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Can anyone explain why I might want to run my own DNS Server in-house?
> I have a comcast business circuit and use their DNS servers and when I
> need entries, I use GoDaddy where I buy my domains.

It's generally a good idea to have a caching server locally for speed
and if you use NAT and private addresses, the same server(s) can be
primary for the internal view of your domain.

If you aren't a large enterprise with multiple server sites, you might
be better off letting a service provider handle the public view.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com