[CentOS] selinux...

Wed Oct 7 16:27:56 UTC 2009

Have I mentioned that I am less than enthralled with selinux?

My latest issue is continuing messages in the /var/log/messages, which
complain, for example, that siteminder can't write to smagent log (well,
it can, since we've got selinux in permissive mode, and no, we have no
control over using either siteminder or selinux).

I've done what it says will solve the problem. A number of times.
Discussing it with my manager, it seems as though selinux DOES NOT HAVE
CORRECT ERROR HANDLING, and is falling through to a default error, and is
*not* telling me the true cause.

Anyone else seen this? Clues for the poor? (And please, if you're going to
say anything about getting rid of either, just don't: as I said, we have
*zero* control over what the security people, or upper management,
demand.)

        mark