[CentOS] Possible to run iscsi-target and initiator on same server?

Sun Oct 11 21:43:24 UTC 2009
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Oct 11, 2009, at 3:13 PM, C Linus Hicks <linush at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 12:36 -0400, Ross Walker wrote:
>> What does the ietd.conf, initiators.allow and targets.allow look
>> like?
>>
>> What is your network setup? Are you using a vif on the loopback?
>
> There's no VIF on loopback. The machine running iet has two NICs, the
> private interconnect should not be playing a role. It's IP address is
> 10.200.2.2/24 while the local subnet is 10.200.1.0/24 and the iet
> machine is IP address 10.200.1.6.
>
> ietd.conf
> ------------------
> Target iqn.2009-10.net.linush:storage.disk1.sys1.asmdg
>        Lun 0 Path=/dev/sdb,Type=blockio,ScsiId=asmdg,ScsiSN=dg0
>        HeaderDigest None
>        DataDigest None
>        MaxConnections 1
>        InitialR2T No
>        ImmediateData Yes
>        MaxRecvDataSegmentLength 262144
>        MaxXmitDataSegmentLength 262144
>        MaxBurstLength 524288
>        FirstBurstLength 262144
>        MaxOutstandingR2T 8
>        DataPDUInOrder Yes
>        DataSequenceInOrder Yes
>        ErrorRecoveryLevel 0
>

> initiators.allow
> ALL 10.200.1.0/24
>

> targets.allow
> ALL 10.200.1.0/24

I'm a little confused now, you are running IET and open-iscsi on the
same host, buy using an external interface for the connection between
the two instead of the loopback? You would get much better throughput
on the loopback.

-Ross