[CentOS] CentOS 5.4? anyone?

Thu Oct 15 14:05:10 UTC 2009
John Plemons <john at mavin.com>

Many of the questions are due to ignorance from many of us not versed in
what it take s to come up with the release.  For Version 5.5 when we get
that far,  if some one could work up a quick and dirty web page
checklist showing the basic progress and what steps are left to bring
the release to the public are detailed for everyone to see, then these
questions might stop.  And so might the sharp quips given as responses
to the inquiry.

Let me say before I get quipped. that I do not have the skills ( haven't
learned them ) to go through this process of building the release, I'm
more of a hardware guy. But I really do appreciate all of those who can
do the work for doing what you do and for the selfless work that you
do.  You benefit the Linux world through your work and are very much
loved by us who can't do it...  Again forgive us who can't since we have
no concept of the time and energy that it takes to do the work.

John Plemons