[CentOS] CentOS 5.4? anyone?

Thu Oct 15 15:51:58 UTC 2009
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Les Mikesell wrote:

> But virtually guaranteed for any process that isn't transparent.
> Someone must enjoy it.  Maybe the anticipation is supposed to build up
> excitement.

Thanks for the jab. It is fun to be punched.

If there were not false steps along any path, one would not
mind being watched -- but point release stabilization and
testing is an iterative process, finding undocoed
dependencies,unexpected failure mode in corner cases, and
such.

It is really not something that the 'doers' particularly want
to expose to criticism by the 'talkers'.  The distraction
might be entertaining to the watchers, and provide more
opportunities to criticise and comment, but that is about it.

I hereby publicly invite anyone who thinks they want to air
all their missteps along the build process forever, for a
potential future employer to find via google and so to raise
questions about their then abilities [and thus silently be
eliminated from consideration from a position], to join the
centos-devel mailing list, and run a wholly open parallel
build

Or, of course, one could could speak by releasing running code
that just works, as CentOS (and SL) does

-- Russ herrold