[CentOS] the ongoing wait for centos 5.4

Sun Oct 18 09:59:44 UTC 2009
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  again, whether people are being paid to do any of this work is not
> relevant.  it's important, from the perspective of reputation, that
> everyone see the centos project as being efficiently and competently
> run, and making what *appears* to be an announcement of completion and
> the beginning of syncing servers, followed by days of awkward silence
> and increasingly defensive rhetoric, is not the way to do it.  it just
> looks bad.

Agreed. The best policy would be to simply say -- "It'll be done when
it's done." Of course they tried that originally, and that's wasn't
"acceptable" either.

Here's the way I'm going to take care of the "problem." Figure eight
weeks out for CentOS from the time Red Hat is released. If it gets
done quicker than that, I've got a bonus.!

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3