[CentOS] Caught between a Red Hat and a CentOS

Mon Oct 19 09:52:45 UTC 2009
Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com>

2009/10/19 ken <gebser at mousecar.com>:
> In the couple of months I've had the need to contact Redhat support on
> just one issue and their "support" has been terrible, so far completely
> useless and a waste of time.  I don't know what Redhat charges us for

The only guy I personally know who went with RedHat "because their
support was included for free with our servers" reported the same.

I'm a bit surprised (and disappointed) to hear such negative
testimonials about RedHat support.

Do others have different experience?

Could it be the the quality of support is tiered by how much you pay,
enough to make a difference?

Personally - my organisation runs over a hundred CentOS servers and
growing rapidly, so for now it's not directly relevant to us. But I am
aware of the connection between RedHat's health and CentOS', as well
as RedHat's large volume of contribution back to the FOSS world, and
would like to see them do well.

Cheers,

--Amos