[CentOS] Caught between a Red Hat and a CentOS

Mon Oct 19 20:31:45 UTC 2009
Eugene Vilensky <evilensky at gmail.com>

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 9:50 AM, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
> In the couple of months I've had the need to contact Redhat support on
> just one issue and their "support" has been terrible, so far completely
> useless and a waste of time.
>..

I've opened the lowest-severity cases and generally can express the
same frustration.  I have also opened a high-severity case and talked
to a very knowledgeable engineer with all kinds of cross-functional
storage experience.

My biggest frustration is they are very aggressive at triaging our
cases (we are an academic subscription customer, we pay much less but
only a few machines are covered by the commercial SLAs) down to the
lowest severity possible unless we yell loudly that we are down.

But, fwiw, I've had the above experience with IBM, HDS, and Cisco.
It's a script that we follow until we yell loud enough at the right
people.  IBM probably being the worst.