[CentOS] Caught between a Red Hat and a CentOS

Mon Oct 19 21:11:30 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> which is about as useful as Microsoft Windows support... is it broken?
>> "reinstall windows"....
>
> FFS, this attitude amongst opensource guys that MS is the devil and are
> trying to murder your family or  sabotage your life is such BS.

The people with the the attitude probably acquired it naturally by
trying to run something earlier than about Windows 2000 SP2.  Or NT SP6a
(its very last update).

> Take the Tin Foil Hat off and settle down, MS support is easily on par w/
> or *the* best support there is.

Maybe today.  How long has it been that you could start something on a
windows box and expect it to still be running a year later?  People
runing unix/linux have expected and achieved that for decades.

> I maintain both Linux/Unix and Windows machines, and since high school days
> I have been using PSS and there is nothing like it.

How long has that been?

> They have have *ALWAYS*
> fixed everything but one issue I have had, where that one issue I resolved
> before them.
>
> Spreading your FUD reflects on _you_ not MS.
>
> I love Linux (and prefer to toil in this forest) but don't preach that anti-ms
> crap, its utter malarkey.

If you forget history, you are doomed to repeat it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com