[CentOS] EDAC Kernel Panic 2.6.9-78 and above

Mon Oct 19 22:09:51 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Chris Miller wrote:

> Thoughts?

Check your bios/system event log for any indication that it
is logging memory errors? Most modern server class motherboards
(past 5 years) do this, though not always reliably.

I've also had trouble with memtest86 myself, I prefer to run
ctcs:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/va-ctcs/

The software is really old and is picky what you build it on,
if I recall right I could only get it to build on RHEL/CentOS 4
not 5 (though the binaries work fine on 5).

It does a good torture test which in my experience can find
problems faster than memtest86(which can take days).

nate