[CentOS] RAID advice? and KVM advice?

Tue Oct 20 01:58:25 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Dave Stevens wrote:

> pretty well, but doesn't cover 1+0. Does anyone have a reference for
> that kind of configuration?

There was a discussion on this list about that a few weeks ago..

I think the easiest route if you want software raid 1+0 is to use
a combination of RAID 1 software and then use LVM for striping.

Myself I would use a 3Ware hardware RAID card.

> I'd also like to have two virtual domains, one for CentOS and one for
> Debian. any suggestions for setup docs for that kind of arrangement?

virtual domain? Not sure what a virtual domain is, do you mean
sub domain ?  What is a virtual domain? If it's a KVM(as in
virtualization) term then don't worry I can't help there, vmware
user here.

nate