[CentOS] full-fledge PDF editor for Linux

Tue Oct 20 15:59:17 UTC 2009
Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know of an editor that can do on Linux what Acrobat /
> Acrobat Pro can do on Mac/Windows? I have tried to use the PDF Import
> extension to the Open Office which appears barely functional - at
> least it is so slow as to be almost impractical. I have also tried
> pdfedit under Linux which seems to work fine but seems to have rather
> limited functionality. For instance, the capability to make bookmarks
> or to search through the whole document (as opposed to the current
> page) seems to be missing there.
>
> Any tips much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Boris.

Hi again,

Just to update you on the situation: the best solution I have found
thus far is a commercial but cheap one named PDFStudio (
http://www.qoppa.com/psindex.html ). Prices are under US $100. Seems
to be doing all we need (much like the Adobe Acrobat Pro ).

Boris.