[CentOS] sendmail question

Wed Oct 21 18:03:30 UTC 2009
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> Jerry Geis wrote:
> >>/ My guess would be a resolving problem also.
> />>/ Its usually what causes sendmail to slow down.
> />>/ Check your /etc/hosts file
> />>/ Dan
> />>/
> />/ My /etc/hosts file is only has the "nameserver x.x.x.x" entry.
> /
> That should be in /etc/resolv.conf.

Your right. it is - my typo.
> >/ the /var/log/maillog shows the entry right away when "mail" on the
> />/ command line is done.
> /
> There should be an entry for submitting the mail and another for
> delivering it.

mailq -Ac only shows the submitting entry.
> >/ Again, this is mail originating on the the box and destination is on the
> />/ same box.
> /
> What's the address?

I did a "useradd panel" then "mail panel" and entered my text. its all
on the local machine.

I do have a .procmailrc file that just matches subject and forwards that
onto another app.
This works fine. Its just delayed by 2 minutes.

> >/ mailq always shows 0, even doing it repeatedly.
> />/
> />/ the mail delivery  is delayed exactly 2 minutes.
> /
> That's a few DNS timeouts.
>
> >/ I have 127.0.0.1 localhost in the /etc/hosts file.
> />/
> />/ Very odd, any thoughts?
> /
> Are you mailing to localhost?

I tried:
mail panel
mail panel at localhost
mail panel at localhost.localdomain
mail panel at machine.domain.com (insert actual machine and domain)

All the above have the same slow 2 minute delay.

This is odd.

Jerry