[CentOS] Recommendation for PCI-e SATA RAID 5 card?

Wed Oct 21 21:01:49 UTC 2009
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am looking for a recommendation for a PCI-e
> RAID card for my server.  The server has a
> PCI-e x16 low profile slot so the card has
> to be at most 6.6 inches long x 2.536 inches
> high.  I would like to use RAID 5 with 3 drives
> so I have to have those capabilities.
>
> It has to be CentOS 5.4 compatible (Of course!).
>
> I took a look at the offerings from 3Ware, but
> their cards are too long.
>
> If you have a card you are happy with, I would
> appreciate a recommendation.
ARECA all the way .. we are very happy with their 24 port controllers
(RAID6 capable)(of which we have six so far) and with the features of
monitoring and (out-of-band) configuration.

Best regards,
Adrian

Adrian Sevcenco - Institute of Space Sciences, Romania