[CentOS] more 5.4 problems

Fri Oct 23 22:08:17 UTC 2009
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> Ron Blizzard wrote:
>> Same here -- painless upgrade and everything is working fine.
>>
>> ~]$ rpm -qa | grep firefox
>> firefox-3.0.14-1.el5.centos
>>

> Installed Packages
> firefox.i386
> 3.0.12-1.el5.centos                                             installed
> firefox.x86_64
> 3.0.12-1.el5.centos                                             installed
> #
>
> this is x86_64 centos5.4 freshly yum updated from centos 5.3 freshly
> installed using the network install ISO

Interesting - I have this after the upgrade:

firefox.i386                               3.0.14-1.el5.centos         installed
firefox.x86_64                             3.0.14-1.el5.centos         installed

But I also am now seeing a problem that was not showing up before,
similar to one I've had with SeaMonkey for a long time.  After some
period of time, all of my Firefox windows stop showing flash videos
properly and I get long periods of silence interpsersed with bursts of
high-speed sound (noise, actually), or the video just stops a few
seconds in.  I don't think this is a CentOS problem per se, and I have
posted about it here before, just usually in reference to SM, not FF.

Of course, now that I'm using FF more for flash (because it works
better than SM for that and I rarely keep FF windows open long enough
to see this), it happens more frequently.

mhr