[CentOS] more 5.4 problems

Fri Oct 23 23:12:37 UTC 2009
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 15:25 -0700, nate wrote:
> <snip>

> I don't use CentOS as a desktop but this still may be of use...
>
> On both my win32 and my debian systems that use firefox I use the
> prefbar extension which has an option to enable/disable flash, I
> usually keep it off unless I need it but it seems to unload the
> module on the fly(doesn't show up in about:plugins), and from what
> I can see it renames the file. I don't know if renaming the file
> is enough, but you may be able to restart the flash plugin
> dynamically without restarting the browser with this(or perhaps
> another) extension.

I just have it disabled normally click Tools->Add-ons at the start of
the day. If I'm going to paly something I <Alt>-<Tab> and either <Enter>
(I'm already positioned ther) or <ALT>-<E>.

Disable is the same, but <alt>-<D> or <Enter> to disable.

It's nice because if you forget to do beorehand, just refresh the screen
after and it acts like you didn't forget.

I like this because it's one less thing from the outside world I have to
keep track of or update, etc.

--
Bill