[CentOS] Testing remote machine status in a script ?

Sun Oct 25 22:08:55 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Les Mikesell a écrit :
>
>> The big win with backuppc is that it will also compress the files and find
>> matches across multiple machines and hard-link all identical content.  Plus you
>> get a nice web interface to configure it and browse/restore.
>>

> Sound nice. Probably a case of: now I found a solution with a long and
> complicated Bash script, I may as well use the nifty little app that did
> it nicely beforehand :o)

Backuppc is all perl - including a reimplementation of rsync that knows how to
work with compressed local files while chatting with a stock remote version.
But the way I look at it is that the complexity is irrelevant as long as someone
else already did the work and it is well tested.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com