[CentOS] Newsletter feedback

Mon Oct 26 14:49:11 UTC 2009
Andrew Hull <list at racc2000.com>

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
> Hey
>
> We have now published the sixth version of the Newsletter and I think
> it is time to ask YOU ( the reader ) what we can improve. The current
> trend is away from really technical details more to a light read and
> entertaining stuff. Is this a good way to go. Or should we focus more
> on the technical side again*. Or is the balance right?
>
> What do you want to read about? What sections do you want? Or just
> comment. I am happy about any constructive criticism.
>
> I hope you are enjoying the Newsletter.
>
> Cheers Didi
>

> *Of course the we will not become a only fun Newsletter.
>
> ----
>
> My www page: www.ribalba.de
> Email / Jabber: ribalba at gmail.com
> Skype : ribalba

I would like to echo the thoughts of Keith and Mathieu. I am a long time
CentOS user and lurker in the list. To me, the newsletter feels like a
top-view of CentOS and the community, and I like it.

A few ideas to ponder:
- I could see the newsletter being a great platform for the lead
maintainers to keep us informed
- Mathieu's idea of soliciting a publishing success stories, real-life
deployment stories, and the like would be very interesting to me

Bottom line: You are doing a great job, and I like The Pulse's direction.

Andy Hull