[CentOS] Change from Root

Tue Oct 27 14:59:52 UTC 2009
Neil Aggarwal <neil at JAMMConsulting.com>

Did you remove the # in front of the line?
You still have it in your example.

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
<http://www.jammconsulting.com/>
CentOS 5.4 KVM VPS $55/mo, no setup fee, no contract, dedicated 64bit CPU
1GB dedicated RAM, 40GB RAID storage, 500GB/mo premium BW, Zero downtime

  _____

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Victor Subervi
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:52 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Change from Root

What I was interested in doing was to make it impossible for root to login
directly, but rather enable other users to login and then su to root. So I
edited /etc/ssh/sshd_config to read:
#PermitRootLogin no
(It was the dir I didn't know.) It initially said "yes", but it was and is
commented. How is it that I then and still can login directly as root? Is
reboot necessary?
TIA,

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Neil Aggarwal <neil at jammconsulting.com>
wrote: