[CentOS] EMC CX4 Clariion

Tue Oct 27 17:51:26 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Antonio da Silva Martins Junior wrote:
>    Well anybody on the list has a CentOS host talking (iSCSI) with an EMC
> storage,
> preferably using the EMC Powerpath software, and can talk about you
> experience?
> Or I will need to buy some REHL licenses ?

I think the issue is more the support rather than does it work.

Like others I fully expect it to work just fine(as good as
EMC stuff can be expected to work), but will they help you if
CentOS is not a supported distribution? Some vendors will go
out of their way to give a best effort support for unsupported
configurations, others will not. Some understand that CentOS
is practically identical to RHEL, others have a hard line drawn
that says they won't support it.

If whomever your getting support from won't support it if you
have a problem then your probably best of getting a supported
solution, or building a solution you could support yourself.

I would expect EMC to publish docs on how to get device mapper
MPIO to work with their systems, for those that have unsupported
configurations for powerpath.

Oftentimes the vendor's local SE can be a valuable support resource
I lean on them a lot more than I lean on the formal support
organizations as they often times have a better understanding of
the particular customer environment, and the personal relationship
inspires them to put an extra effort out to help to keep the
customer happy.

nate