[CentOS] Inquiry:How to make crontab job permanent even after server reboot?

Wed Oct 28 08:49:36 UTC 2009
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 10/28/2009 01:33 AM John R Pierce wrote:
> hadi motamedi wrote:
>> Thank you very much for your reply . Can you please do me favor and
>> let me know where I have to check for the scripts that may wipe out
>> these files on reboot ? How can I check if /var/spool on transient
>> storage ?
>> Please be informed that I have two CentOS servers , one is running
>> CentOS 5.0 and the other is CentOS5.2 . For the CentOS5.2 , the cron
>> job does not disappear after server reboot but for the 5.0 one it does
>> . Can you please let me know what is wrong here ?
>
> this would be something specific you've done intentionally...  its
> certianly not something that happens by default in any normal installation

I'd agree with John that this isn't normal UNIX/Linux behavior, that
something somewhere has been added to the system code to cancel the
change you make to crontab.

As a kludge, you could add your "crontab /tmp/temp" to the end of
/etc/rc.local so that it is invoked again after the reboot.

Do a "crontab -l" periodically throughout the day to see if there's a
particular time when your reboot command disappears from it.