[CentOS] VMware Server 2.0.1 On CentOS 5

Thu Oct 29 13:37:36 UTC 2009
Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net>

gene.poole at macys.com wrote:
> It's my understanding that CentOS is a carbon copy of Red Hat - with the
> exception of the art work. Assuming that this is true, the support
> matrix for VMware Server 2.0.1 states Red Hat 5.1.  I cannot seem to
> locate a CentOS 5.1 x86-64 copy.  I can get a copy of 5.3 and 5.4.  If I
> take this route, what should I expect running VMware 2.0.1?

My VMware Server 2.0.1 instances all still seem to run normal. I've been
running them on 5.3 for quite some time, and this week on 5.4 with no
issues. I wouldn't expect any problems. I'm running x86 versions of
everything.

Regards,
Max