[CentOS] problem with 5.4 x86_64 DVD iso?

Thu Oct 29 18:29:46 UTC 2009
Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) <Joseph.Greenseid at ngc.com>

Turned out to be a download problem, not a mirror problem.

--Joe

________________________________

From: centos-bounces at centos.org on behalf of Greenseid, Joseph M (IS)
Sent: Thu 10/29/2009 10:46 AM
To: CentOS Mailing List
Subject: [CentOS] problem with 5.4 x86_64 DVD iso?

Hi all,

I downloaded the 5.4 x86_64 DVD ISO this morning (CentOS-5.4-x86_64-bin-DVD.iso).  However, the md5sum and sha1sums both don't match what's in the md5sum.txt or the release notes (http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.4).  I downloaded two ISOs from two different mirrors, RIT and ANL, and both ISOs have the same checksums (match each other), which are different from the published md5sums and sha1sums.

Was there a problem with the dissemination of the ISOs to the mirrors?  I could understand one mirror having a problem, but two mirrors with the exact same broken image seems like it may be an upstream problem?  Anyone have any idea what's up?

Thanks,
--Joe