[CentOS] VMware Server 2.0.1 On CentOS 5

Thu Oct 29 17:57:20 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

gene.poole at macys.com wrote:
> It's my understanding that CentOS is a carbon copy of Red Hat - with
> the exception of the art work. Assuming that this is true, the support
> matrix for VMware Server 2.0.1 states Red Hat 5.1.  I cannot seem to
> locate a CentOS 5.1 x86-64 copy.  I can get a copy of 5.3 and 5.4.  If
> I take this route, what should I expect running VMware 2.0.1?

my experience with VMWare Server 2.0.x on x86_64 platforms is abysmal.
its totally unstable and unusable, on both Linux (RHEL 5.x) and Windows
Vista 64bit, even if you are just running 32bit VMs.