[CentOS] sendmail routing

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Wed Sep 2 18:38:16 UTC 2009

From: Christopher Chan Sent: September 1, 2009 23:04
> > Sorry, last I checked, there is no sender-based routing support in
> > sendmail. You cannot even try to create rulesets to get that.
> >

> Looks like it is my turn to eat humble pie. You will need to rebuild
> sendmail.cf after applying this hack.
>
> http://www.cs.niu.edu/~rickert/cf/hack/sender_based_routing.m4

While this does look promising I am hesitant to install anything that
is either a) possibly version dependent and b) beyond my understanding
as to what it is doing. I will have to review this thoroughly before
I even consider implementing it.

> I have not tested it let alone tried on 8.14.x

Caveat noted.

> I cannot believe the file is dated 2004. Ah well, I got rid of
> sendmail and replaced it with postfix in 2003 while I was still a
> mail admin. I must bow to the real sendmail bigots.

Mail administration is just one of those "little" jobs that I am
responsible for and I just have not had the time to review/learn a
new MTA so I muddle on with the "devil I know".

Thanks for your suggestion it has definitely given me something to
think on and possibly work with.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com