[CentOS] CentOS vs Fedora?

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:02:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM, David Suhendrik<david at pnyet.web.id> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I'm newbie and i want to know Your opinion about CentOS vs Fedora, hopefully
> this isn't make a flame, and just to curious..
> Actucally now I'm using CentOS as some servers. ^_^'

For me CentOS is just a better choice. I prefer stability to "cutting
edge" -- even for my desktop computers (I don't have any servers).
I've tried several versions of Fedora -- liked the earlier versions,
thought versions 7 through 9 were a bit too "cutting edge," but am
impressed with 10 and 11. Still, due to the nature of Fedora, you've
got a *lot* of upgrades and I think that would beat me down after a
while. If CentOS (or Scientific Linux) didn't exist, I would probably
use Fedora.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3