[CentOS] trouble playing quicktimes at apple.com/trailers

fred smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Sep 10 01:46:32 UTC 2009

I've been able to view the movie trailers at apple.com/trailers for years
on my old Centos box (5.3).

so in July I built a new box and also used Centos 5.3. I recall being able
to view them on the new box too, back in July.

now, none of them work on either the old or new box. Firefox by default
uses mplayer for this purpose. mplayer starts up, says it's playing it
displays the url on the screen for about a half second then stops.
over and over again.

I should have all the right plugins since it's worked before.

Is anyone else having trouble with that? or to ask another way, can any
of you still watch them?

Thanks!
                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.