[CentOS] trouble playing quicktimes at apple.com/trailers

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Sep 10 13:38:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 06:26:16AM +0200, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> > I've been able to view the movie trailers at apple.com/trailers for
> > years on my old Centos box (5.3). [...]
> > Is anyone else having trouble with that? or to ask another way, can
> > any of you still watch them?
> Works here with 'User Agent Switcher' for Firefox. See for more under
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1245441&page=4.

Olaf, thanks for the reply!

While I haven't tried that, I don't think that's the problem I'm having:
I can copy and paste the URL of the .mov file into mplayer or vlc
from the commandline, and get the exact same symptoms. I.E., there is
no browser involved in that transaction but it fails the same way.

And it fails on the "old" computer where it was working in July (and
for the previous several years) as well as the new one.

One more data point: I get the same failures on my eeepc 901 where I've
installed Fedora 11, too.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.