[CentOS] Excessive NFS operations

Jens Larsson jens at nsc.liu.se
Thu Sep 10 14:07:12 UTC 2009

> > >  A single CentOS 5.2 x86_64 machine here is overloading our NetApp
> > > filer with excessive NFS getattr, lookup and access operations.

> > There was a kernel update in the 5.2/5.3 time frame that fixed a NFS
> > client bug regarding lookups, what kernel are you running?

>  2.6.18-92.1.22.el5. I can test all newer kernels if necessary.

Please update you centos installation. It will probably fix your NFS
issues and your current system contains serious security problems. "yum
update".

/jens

--
Jens Larsson, NSC, Linköpings universitet, SE-58183 LINKÖPING, SWEDEN
Phone: +46-13-281432, Mobile: +46-709-521432, E-mail: jens at nsc.liu.se
GPG/PGP Key: 1024D/C21BB2C7 2001-02-27 Jens Larsson <jens at nsc.liu.se>
Key Fingerprint: BAEF 85CF BF1D  7A69 C965 2EE6  C541 D57F C21B  B2C7