[CentOS] trouble playing quicktimes at apple.com/trailers

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 11 00:38:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:26:45PM +0200, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
>
> > While I haven't tried that,
> ?
>
> > I don't think that's the problem I'm
> > having: I can copy and paste the URL of the .mov file into mplayer or
> > vlc from the commandline, and get the exact same symptoms. I.E., there
> > is no browser involved in that transaction but it fails the same way.
> You are completely wrong. Read the link, or read it not, it is your
> choice.

ok, thanks for the kick in the rear. I looked, read thru the entries,
checked out the bug report, installed the add-on, set up the user agent
entry as described and voila.

Doggone those Apple folks. why would they be so stingy as to PREVENT people
from using otherwise-compatible players from seeing the trailer? Just
doesn't make sense in any way other than sheer meanness. I mean, what real
business justification could there be?

Thanks!

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding