[CentOS] Kickstart help

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Sep 11 04:18:28 UTC 2009

Daniel Burkland wrote:
> Guys I wanted to thank you for your tremendous advice on my kickstart
> setup. In regards to the removal of the yum update in kickstart config,
> how do you guys keep your internal repository synced with the public one?

I only update mine a couple times a year but I use rsync.
rsync -av --delete rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/
latest/x86_64/
rsync -av --delete rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/updates/i386/
latest/i386/

If there is a specific update I need more often then I download
that manually. I don't use yum myself as it conflicts with
what I have configured in cfengine. I do use yum on a test
box to build a list of rpms to install then store those rpms
in a particular location and force install them to do the
upgrade as part of my %post in kickstart.

nate