[CentOS] cups / cli stopped print jobs problem

Paul Johnson

pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 02:03:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Blackburn, Marvin
<mblackburn at glenraven.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help.  There is a way to get the information, but its
> ugly.
> Was hoping for a more straight forward method.
>
> If a printer is down, I can us lpstat -l printer name to determine if a
> job is stopped, but I could not figure out a way to easily determine the
> status of jobs in the queue, such as stopped, processing, queued.
>
> _____________________________________

I have the same problem.

Run

> lpq

to see the status of the jobs.

> lprm #job

to remove print #job.

This does not help, however, to understand why the printer just
randomly stops printing.  I have noticed that pdflatex seems to
generate some pdf files that Evince cannot print, but Adobe acroread
can open & print them.  My working hypothesis is that Evince or the
gtk print interface or CUPS fail on one of these jobs from Evince, and
then the whole print regime is hung.  If you have ideas, I'd be
delighted to hear it.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson