[CentOS] [Found] CentOS is dead, long live CentOS

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon Sep 14 12:42:54 UTC 2009

Am Montag, den 14.09.2009, 14:28 +0200 schrieb Johnny Hughes:
> On 09/14/2009 05:01 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:

> >> Ummm. That mostly has been resolved around a month ago, you might want
> >> to check dates on things you mail somewhere.
> >>
> >> Ralph
> >>

> > Btw the homepage says:
> >
> > "
> > More information will follow soon.
> > [..]
> > Last Update: August 1, 2009 04:34 UTC by Donavan Nelson"
> >
> > Today is September 14th, so what does "soon" mean here?
> >
> > Chris
>
> Soon means we will post when something changes.
>
> The last update is still correct.
>
> The CentOS project has the domain names in question, we have released
> 4.8, we have some packages from 5.4 in question, and everything is 100%
> solved from a technical stand point.
>
> Basically CentOS is exactly what it was before any of this happened from
> a technical standpoint.
>
> Updates to packages are happening within 24 hours, 5.4 is on track and
> will soon be pushed soon.
>
> If you want a multi-billion dollar corporation behind your Linux
> distribution, then use RHEL nad pay for it.
>
> If you want what you have gotten from CentOS for the last 5 years, you
> are getting that now.
>
> Do we have to have this conversation again?
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

Actually I was much more interested in non technical info. Like what
happend to donations in the past. How will donations in the future be
used/handled. Will there be a cashier etc. etc.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach