[CentOS] Centos 5.3 Kernel panic with fuse and glusterfs.

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Sep 15 15:05:00 UTC 2009

Tom O'Connor wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 03:24:52PM +0100, Tom O'Connor wrote:
>>

>>> If anyone has any ideas for further debugging, or other routes for
>>> support.  I'm running out of ideas.
>>>

>> Enterprise Linux 5.4 with included official FUSE support seems like the next
>> place to look.
>>

> Possibly, but i'd rather try and fix the problem without saying "oh
> well, just upgrade to the latest release".  It's quite a lot of effort
> to fully upgrade a whole bunch of servers, but upgrading individual
> packages would be far more realistic.

Good luck tracking down the problem yourself then. The reason people use
RHEL and therefore Centos is because much effort has been put into
making sure the entire set of toolchains work well with each other.
Upgrading a whole bunch of servers versus tracking down the problem and
if you are successful, building your own rpms and your own repository,
which one do you think will be more effort? Besides, 'upgrading to 5.4'
is just that...upgrading individual packages. :-|