[CentOS] Wireless Printing

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Sep 16 05:17:30 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:20:00 -0700
> Bill Campbell wrote:
>

>> One good thing about the HP splatjets is that they are designed so they
>> don't clog after long periods of inactivity.
>>

> They may not clog, but they do dry out after a while.  I have a HP fax machine
> that uses a black inkjet cartridge and while I don't receive very many faxes I
> find that I have to replace my cartridge once in a while because it dries
> out and stops working.  It still reads 50-75% full, but it doesn't print.
>
> In hindsight I should probably have sprung for a laser fax machine but it would
> have cost about twice as much as I paid for this inkjet.  But toner doesn't dry
> out so I would have been ahead by now, I think....

my $200 brother laser MFC gets 2-3 cases of copier paper out of a $50
toner cartridge.  the paper is about $25/case (2000 sheets) so that
brings it to about $100 per 4000 pages, or about $0.025/page.   every
10000 pages or so I need to replace the drum, thats like $60 more, I
think, so that brings it to $0.031/page total.