[CentOS] Antwort: bind dns help?

Frank.Brodbeck at klingel.de Frank.Brodbeck at klingel.de
Wed Sep 16 10:14:26 UTC 2009

"Roland Roland" <R_O_L_A_N_D at hotmail.com> schrieb am 16.09.2009 12:01:34:

> I'll explain again... excuse my english..
>
> 1. I can browse local virtual hosts normaly
> 2. I can browse abcd.com (my company's website, and is set also as my
local
> network domain)
> 3. if go to public.abcd.com from outside my network (any public place) I
can
> access that page normally.
> 4. if try browsing public.abcd.com from inside my network, I cannot as
my
> local DNS search it's own records for "public" and obviously it wont
find
> it.
> the reason such a thing is happening is due to the fact that "abcd.com'
is
> also set as our network's domain. so instead of forwarding requests to
my
> ISP's dns to resolve public.abcd.com it simply search it's own records.

First of all, I'm no DNS expert, keep that in mind when reading my answer
;-)

This sounds like a split horizon setup for your DNS. If I understand you
correctly, public.abcd.com is a webserver in your LAN/DMZ but publicly
available? If so, and if the bind you inherited only answers to requests
from your LAN you can just add public.abcd.com to your zone file.

But as I mentioned before, be careful with this advice. If possible, test
this with something not in production or wait for someone with more DNS
experience than me.

Frank.