[CentOS] No login with kernel 2.6.18-164.el5

Olaf Mueller daily-planet at istari.de
Wed Sep 16 17:27:42 UTC 2009

Johnny Hughes wrote:

Hello.

> On 09/16/2009 09:42 AM, Olaf Mueller wrote:
>> Now reported on CentOS Bug Tracker #0003840.
> This is one of the reasons we are hesitant to release JUST the
> security updates and not all of 5.4 at once.
> Try this kernel again after we release the entire tree (and all the
> other 5.4 updates are applied).
Ok, thank you for your explanation. Also I was a bit surprised by this
kernel cause it seems to me the same kernel like the kernel
under /dzickus/el5/164.el5/. There is also a kernel 2.6.18-165.el5.
Would it be a help if I test this kernel?

> Olaf - Are you  on the QA team ... if not, do you want to be :D (the
> tree will be available there before it is released).
I am not in the QA team and it would be a great pleasure for me to be on
the team, thank you very much.

regards
Olaf