[CentOS] multipath using defaults rather than multipath.conf contents for some devices (?) - why ?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Sep 17 01:07:30 UTC 2009

McCulloch, Alan wrote:
> hi all
>
> We have a rh linux server connected to two HP SAN controllers, one an HSV200
> (on the way out),
> the other an HSV400 (on the way in). (Via a Qlogic HBA).
>
> /etc/multipath.conf contains this :
>
> device
> {
>         vendor          "(COMPAQ|HP)"
>         product         "HSV1[01]1|HSV2[01]0|HSV300|HSV4[05]0"

What does /proc/scsi/scsi say? Perhaps your config doesn't
match what the system is being presented.

For my MPIO my vendor suggested setting the defaults manually
in the config file so my config file is:

defaults {
       udev_dir        /dev
       polling_interval 10
       default_selector        "round-robin 0"
       default_path_grouping_policy    multibus
       default_getuid_callout  "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
       default_prio_callout    /bin/true
       rr_wmin_io              100
       rr_weight		priorities
       failback                immediate
}

blacklist {
	wwid 26353900f02796769
	devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
	devnode "^hd[a-z][0-9]*"
	devnode "^cciss*"
}

devices {

	device {
		vendor "3PARdata"
		product "VV "
		path_grouping_policy multibus
		path_checker tur
		no_path_retry 60
	}
}

multipath -l
350002ac0006a0714dm-1 3PARdata,VV
[size=1.0T][features=0][hwhandler=0]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][active]
 \_ 1:0:0:3 sdc 8:32  [active][undef]
 \_ 1:0:1:3 sde 8:64  [active][undef]
 \_ 2:0:0:3 sdg 8:96  [active][undef]
 \_ 2:0:1:3 sdi 8:128 [active][undef]
350002ac000790714dm-0 3PARdata,VV
[size=2.0T][features=0][hwhandler=0]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][active]
 \_ 1:0:0:2 sdb 8:16  [active][undef]
 \_ 1:0:1:2 sdd 8:48  [active][undef]
 \_ 2:0:0:2 sdf 8:80  [active][undef]
 \_ 2:0:1:2 sdh 8:112 [active][undef]

/proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 32 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DP       Model: BACKPLANE        Rev: 1.05
  Type:   Enclosure                        ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PERC 6/i         Rev: 1.11
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 02
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 03
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 02
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 03
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 02
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 03
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 02
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi2 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 03
  Vendor: 3PARdata Model: VV               Rev: 0000
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05

nate