[CentOS] Promlem with broken yum/rpm

Peter Beck

peter at limbec.com
Wed Sep 23 03:00:17 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have lost/corrupted the libraries related to the expat package. This has
caused rpm and yum to stop working effectively stopping my ability to manage
my server.

Recently a bug was reported by cmisare on the CentOS site that had exactly
the same symptoms http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3757

Btw rpm crashes with exactly the same message.

I was hoping that cmisare, or someone else on this list, may be able to
explain to me how he/she managed to get yum working again, as must be the
case as it crashes in the first post but is working in the second post.

Peter