[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Thu Sep 24 12:23:59 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote on 09/24/2009 07:54 AM:
> On Thursday 24 September 2009 12:38:12 Sorin Srbu wrote:
> I think if the worst comes to the worst it would be possible to install a FC6
> package.  Pbone says there is a package for FC6, and also offers an rpm from
> sourceforge.  That may be a possibility too.

Anne,

If you are going for a binary RPM FC6 would be the best bet, but a
better approach would be a rebuild from SRPM.  The
kipi-plugins-0.1.3-5.fc7.src.rpm from FC7 updates builds on CentOS 5.3
after satisfying dependencies from EPEL and ATrpms.  Had to disable
RPMforge due to dependency issues to get it to work.

Phil