[CentOS] Driver for Logitech QuickCam E2500 series webcam

Andrew Allen andy.allen at virgin.net
Thu Sep 24 16:30:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 08:16 +0100, Gavin Carr wrote:

> > > Is it a bug with Skype or the Video4Linux driver?
> >
> > That's a good question - trouble is I don't know how to test that the
> > camera is working with the Video4Linux driver. Is there a command-line
> > way of doing this?
>
> I use 'luvcview', available from rpmforge.

Thanks,
I installed luvcview and tested the webcam - it works a treat! So now I
know that the webcam works with the Video4Linux driver I'd like to use
skype with video - I'm using the beta version of skype for CentOS:
skype.i586 2.0.0.13-centos and the video doesn't seem to work - when I
try to test the video it crashes. When I do yum list skype, it shows a
newer version, skype.i586 2.0.0.72-fc5, in the skype repo which maybe
has video working (?), but when I try to yum update to this, I get the
error message 'Missing Dependency: qt4-x11 >= 4.2 is needed by package
skype'
I've got qt4 installed of course, for skype to work, so why is it
showing qt4-x11 as missing? Any help appreciated so that I don't have to
fall back on Windoze in order to use all the features of the webcam!

Andy