[CentOS] Using yum with CentOS-2 mirrors

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Sep 24 21:20:20 UTC 2009

on 9-23-2009 11:41 PM Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) spake the following:
> Hi all,
>
> I was having yum errors while updating our CentOS-2 box. Further
> reading lead me to a readme file on the mirrors
> (http://mirror.centos.org/centos-2/readme.txt) and it gave me the new
> URL to use for CentOS-2 mirrors. I have edited /etc/yum.conf with the
> new URLs but I'm still having issues with yum giving me "ValueError:
> unpack list of wrong size" errors.
>
> Has anyone been able to update their yum configuration to be still
> able to use yum? How were you able to configure it?
>
> I understand that CentOS-2 has now reached its EOL but we have a
> legacy application that won't run on newer distros.

EOL means there will be no updates. So yum is not going to help you get
updates that don't exist. Are you sure that the app won't run on newer
distros, or you just might need a legacy library that isn't installed by
default on a newer distro?