[CentOS] update of openssh-server i386 4.3p2-36.el5, dependencies

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:42:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 09:00,  <zagiatakrapovic at gmx.ch> wrote:
> unfortunately I got the same for
> ecryptfs-utils
>
> until now no GTK stuff was needed...
> now even if I try your hint
>> yum update ecryptfs-utils
>
> I think the trousers rpm is pulling the whole stuff. Until now I didn't had to install trousers.

It appears that the new ecryptfs-utils actually does have a dependency
on libtspi.so.1, so it will actually pull trousers which will pull GTK
stuff.

This ecryptfs-utils 75-5.el5 is actually a backport of a RHEL 5.4
package that was released early for being a "critical" security
update. I have no idea if the issue will be fixed when CentOS 5.4 is
released (maybe libtspi.so.1 will be owned by another package that
obsoletes trousers? maybe trousers will no longer contain binaries
that use GUI libraries and those will be moved to a separate
package?), if someone has a RHEL 5.4 around they could maybe try to
confirm that.

HTH,
Filipe