[CentOS] Centos 5.3 - kickstart configuration

Karl Kobata Karl.Kobata at syncira.com
Fri Sep 25 20:56:16 UTC 2009

> Karl Kobata wrote:

> > Can anyone tell me if this can be done?  If it can, please give me
> > instructions?

> rpm -qa

> or perhaps
> rpm -qa --queryformat "%{NAME}\n"
Can I take this formatted output and add it into the %packages section of my
new kickstart file?  I am assuming that using the kickstart GUI, the
@development-tools for instance, added to the %packages section will load
all packages grouped as "development-tools".

> > Finally, where on the installation cd's would I place this kickstart
file ?

> Usually put it on a network share or floppy disk, access it via
> HTTP or NFS or something.
Since I do not have a floppy, only a cdrom drive, is adding to a network
share or http or nfs be for upgrading?
If for upgrading, how is the kickstart file launched?

If I am installing from "bare metal", can I add this kickstart file to the
install CD?  If so where will I place this file?

nate

thanks very much.
karl