[CentOS] mounting images created using dd that contain two partitions

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 03:27:47 UTC 2009

Well, I would build a new system with no LVMs at all, just set
everything as / and ext3.

This way you can rescue img files all day long without potential
VolGroup00 clashes.

I build all my Xen dom0 and domUs w/o LVMs.

Why?

Cuz I found a bug (I guess, or its just lame) that wen your snapshot
volume of your / goes away, and you reboot the system, you can't.

This dependancy on snapshots turned me off and I couldn't find a quick
way to recover in case of some DR or BCP need.

- aurf