[CentOS] Software Raids Questions (I have only ever used hardware?)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 28 02:07:58 UTC 2009

On 28/09/09 02:52, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> have you tried your advice cause it sounds like a bunch of theory.
>
> give advice you've actually tried instead of sounding like some
> academic.

because you are unaware of things does not mean it does not happen. I've
reshaped raid's dozens of time and do it as a matter of regular practise
as and when required. I suggest you spend a bit of time making sure you
know what you are talking about before actually making authoritative
statements.

> back it up and build the raid from scratch instead of some theory non
> sense.

Were meeting on the 29th in london[1] for drinks, feel free to come over
and I'll be happy to demonstrate this whole process to you.

- KB

[1]: 6:30 pm onwards at the King and Queens, 49 Cleveland Street - its
by the shadow of the BT tower. You wont find it hard to spot the CentOS
crowd.