[CentOS] Software Raids Questions (I have only ever used hardware?)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 28 03:28:50 UTC 2009

On 28/09/09 04:20, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> You have me there.
>
> I've only done perhaps 6 sw based Raids because I would only use hw
> Raids for production data, so I sleep better at night.
>
> Tell me, you ever support your Frankenstein contraptions?

I am not sure what h/w raid you are using - almost every major hba
developer has had storage shaping since the last 4 - 7 years. Specially
on self contained storage setups.

And yes, I totally support
mdraid/areca/3ware/lsi/megaraid/servraid/cciss sort of solutions - each
one of them has raid migrations.

my feeling is that you need to spend a bit of time and see how the
storage world is moving these days :)

- KB